Life In The Fire

for our God is a consuming fire. Hebrews 12:29

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Revisiting eHarmony?

Well, it finally happened. My curiosity trumped my good sense. I completed my eHarmony profile. Months ago I started working on the 19,000 question survy because I thought it would be fun to get my free personality profile. I wrote about that here. Anyway, Mr. Warren was on TV advertising a "free communication weekend," and my mom was like, "hey, why don't you do that!" I like to throw mom a bone every once in a while, so I said, "ok, maybe." I logged in and completed the questionairre and lo and behold, within minutes, I had MATCHES! I seriously didn't think I would get matches. I was fully convinced that I was the only one of my kind in the world. Even IF there were matches I just knew that somewhere, somehow within Mr. Warren's questions regarding the 29 dimensions of compatibility it would be detected that I'm a basketcase. Most people seem to agree, but nonetheless, the matches came.

Stupid, stupid me. What was I thinking?! Now what do I do? I'm gonna have to pay after today if I want to keep talking to any of these men. Yes, yes, that means I have communicated with a couple of people. Those of you that know me know just how out of the ordinary this is for me.

Mental note: People that don't know what they want shouldn't sign up for services filled with people that know exactly what they want and are willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen.

It's been a bit of an ego booster for me I guess, which needs a lot of boosting to even be detected. The ego trip will end tonight though, presumably around midnight, so I've got between now and then to decide whether I'm willing to deposit a quarter to keep this ride alive. Decisions, decisions.

5 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Let me shatter that illusion, Tonia: they have no idea what they really want either, they're just really good at sounding confident!

As a fellow eHarmony experimenter, I say give it a shot. Pay for a month or so and see what happens. I kept it for a couple of months, and met some cool people. If nothing else, there are new friendships to be made, and...who knows what else?

Look at it this way: if it does fly with someone, and you meet a person you could spend the rest of your life with, then wasn't it worth a few months of bank account deductions?

Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger T.K. Chapman said...

Thanks for shattering the illusion! ha ha

You're probably right...I'm still pondering though.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving as well!!

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you knooooow... this is National Better Conversation Week...

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger T.K. Chapman said...

Is that right? Well....

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home