Life In The Fire

for our God is a consuming fire. Hebrews 12:29

Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday's Feast...late once again

Appetizer: Choose one: moving to another state, having triplets, or never being able to eat chocolate again.
I guess I would have to give up chocolate.

Soup: Name a news story that truly shocked you.
Why do people even watch the news?

Salad: What was your very first job?
My first real job was a work-study job at the community college I attended. It was part of my financial aid package. I worked in the Basic Skills Department, which is the office that coordinates the GED and Adult High School Diploma programs. I worked in the office filling out forms, filing, making copies, etc, etc.

Main Course: If you had the chance to read the diary of someone you're really close to, would you? Why or why not?
No, I would not read someone's diary unless they asked me to do so. I keep a journal and to me someone reading my journal without permission is sort of like an act of treason.

Dessert: What's something you're looking forward to?
heaven -- Yeah, I know that's a bit of a Christian cliche, but it's true. I used to not understand why older people were in a hurry to get there. I mean, when you're very young it seems that there are so many good things here on earth, but now I know the truth. Any happiness we have here is but a shadow of what's to come and far too many of our moments here are tainted with pain. When you start to experience that, heaven becomes a beacon of hope on the horizon.

Join the feast!!

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Better late than never, right? :)

I occasionally find myself thinking that I would really just rather Him come get me now than keep putting up with all the ignorance and hate down here. But, there are a lot more people that don't know Him yet, right?

Hope this finds you well, Tonia. I missed you! :)

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger T.K. Chapman said...

I find myself thinking something along those lines pretty often Dave. You're right though...I have a reason for being here and I would do well not to forget it.

Thanks for stopping by!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home