Life In The Fire

for our God is a consuming fire. Hebrews 12:29

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Me vs. Kitten

We have a new kitten in the house. I am not a fan of animals being in the house. It's think it's an OCD thing. As soon as I've touched the kitten I feel compelled to go wash my hands, thoroughly mind you. I'm sure with enough time and torture, I mean exposure, I will be less obsessed with "cat germs." Maybe having it vet checked and vaccinated, oh say about 50 times, would help too. Until then I'll just keep washing my hands and trying not to breathe in cat hair.

To make matters worse, the kitten seems to be under the impression that I like it. I am the one person in the house that it follows around. It waits for me to sit down and then leaps into my lap. In fact, the little troll just dug it's claws into my leg. There's blood. Oh no...this means war. Stupid cat. GRRR!

3 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Maybe you're the only person who avoids eye contact with the kitten?

We love cats (we have four) but a friend who visits dislikes them, and couldn't understand why two of them kept following him and trying to sit on him. Then we read that cats take eye contact from strangers as a sign of aggression, and lack of eye contact as a sign of friendship and submission. So our friend started staring straight into the eyes of our cats... and sure enough, they turned away, and started ignoring him.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger T.K. Chapman said...

Thanks for the tip. I will have to give that a try.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Tonia!!! You're back!!!!

I, too, have a love/hate relationship with cats. I love them to death, but I'm frickin' allergic to them. God's sense of humor, I think. One thing I do know about cats...they like to let you think that you're in charge, but in reality, they the ones in control....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home